Careers & Opportunities
There are a wide variety of options available to high school graduates. It is important to think carefully about which choice is the best one for you, not only in the short term, but also for long-term career benefits. Take the time to speak with your counselor so that you can make the most informed decision.
Gap Year Programs
Many students who join these programs do so during the year between high school and college, also called the "Gap Year".
- Job Corps — Program administered by the United States Department of Labor that offers education and vocational training to young men and women ages 16 to 24. Students can earn a high school diploma or the equivalent, and college credits. Job Corps also offers tuition-free housing, meals, basic health care, a living allowance, and career transition assistance.
- Branford Hall Career Institute
- Empire Beauty School
- Jolie Hair & Beauty Academy
- Lincoln Tech
- Massachusetts Maritime Academy
- Mildred Elley
- National Aviation Academy
- National EMS Institute
- New England Institute of Technology
- New England Tractor Trailer Training School
- Northeast Technical Institute
- Porter & Chester Institute
- Universal Technical Institute